Archives: March 2014
- Affordable Healthcare Act 101 and Health Insurance Enrollment in Miami
- March 19, 2014 -- 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Sweat Records, 5505 NE 2nd Ave, 1103, Miami, FL 33137
03/06/14 Carnival Cruise Line Seeks Musicians
Carnival Cruise Lines will be holding auditions in Miami on March 28, 2014 for BASS, DRUMS, GUITAR, HORNS AND KEYBOARD and MALE AND FEMALE VOCALISTS.
03/01/14 Official Business
- Date: Thursday, March 20, 2014
- Time: 11:00 AM
- Location: Artserve, 1350 East Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
east of I95 on Sunrise Blvd, in the Ft. Lauderdale branch of the Broward Library, next to Holiday Park
- Agenda: Proposal to raise wage scales four percent (rounded to the nearest dollar)
03/01/14 That Union ThingAccording to the Economic Policy institute, the income gap in Florida has widened significantly since 1979. From 1979 to 2007, the top one percent of earners saw their income rise 219 percent, while income for the remaining 99 percent rose only 14 percent. Post recession, from 2009 to 2011, the top earners' income rose by over 9 percent, while wages for others fell by 2.4 percent.
03/01/14 Local and Industry News
The Community Arts Program and the Dillard Center for the Arts are two of the fifteen finalists in the Essentially Ellington High School Jazz Band Competition and Festival. The bands will travel to New York City in May to participate in workshops and jam sessions and to compete.