Archives: July 2016
07/01/16 Official Business
If you did not pay your Annual Dues in full, please note that the second installment is now due. Please check your print/e-mail newsletter for your balance due. Thank you!
- Semiannual Dues for Regular Members: $88
- Semiannual Dues for Life Members: $55
- Semiannual Dues for Inactive Life Members: $40
- Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2016
- Time: 10 AM
- Location: Artserve, 1350 East Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
east of I95 on Sunrise Blvd, in the Ft. Lauderdale branch of the Broward Library, next to Holiday Park
Local 655 has settled an Unfair Labor Practice it filed against Florida Grand Opera (FGO), Palm Beach Symphony (PBS), and Miami Symphonic Entertainment (MSE).
07/01/16 Last Month at the Local
This past month President Bertolet and Secretary-Treasurer Apana attended the AFM Southern Conference and the AFM Convention.
07/01/16 That Union Thing
A class action lawsuit has been filed against Uber. The lawsuit alleges that Uber has violated minimum wage laws and has misclassified workers as independent contractors.